Thanks for your message. It turned out to be a little more
Both the Extensions and Database folders in the Safari folder of
my library had incorrect permissions set, so Safari could not write
to them, so the Safari error message could have been more
I fixed the permissions to allow me to read and write but
looking inside the now accessible database folder there was
nothing, which is why I was seeing the attached screenshot
following an attempt to register my 1P password.
I reinstalled Safari 5.1.1 and the database file was properly
created this time. I then installed the 1P extension and it
proceeded normally and I now have access - Many thanks. The
extension immediately updated itself, so it looks like everything
If you look at the screenshot, I have two comments:
1/. The message is truncated at the bottom.
2/. Cmd-Opt-Q seems to do nothing in Safari.