Troubleshooting 1Password crashes
If 1Password is crashing for you, especially on startup, it could be because of a corrupt system file or other type of conflict on your Mac. Here are a couple solutions you can try:
Reset your date and time preferences
We know, it sounds kooky, right? In some rare cases, a Mac's date and time preferences can become corrupted, which can cause all sorts of problems for some apps. Unfortunately, this is a known bug in OS X that Apple is working on addressing, but until then, give this a shot:
- open System Preferences and go to Language & Test > Formats
- Switch the region to a different country like US or UK
- Restart your Mac and open 1Password. It should behave now
- If everything is fine, you can change your region back to your country and enjoy your day
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)