How to uninstall 1Password?
If you use 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store then please follow these instructions:
- Open 1Password app.
- Select 1Password > Preferences > Extensions menu and make sure that the "Keep helper running" option is disabled.
- Quit 1Password and move it to Trash.
Your data will remain intact and can be used later.
If you have 1Password 3.8 or earlier then the easiest way to
remove it is by using the Uninstaller utility:
Removing Browser Extensions
To remove any 1Password extensions for your browsers that you may have installed, follow the instructions for each below.
To remove the Safari Extension:
- Open Safari
- Click Safari->Preferences in the menu bar
- Click Extensions
- Click "Uninstall" for the 1Password extension
- Restart Safari
To remove the Chrome Extension:
- Open Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return
- Click the trash can next to the 1Password extension and remove it
- Restart Chrome
To remove the Firefox Extension:
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the Tools menu, then Add-Ons.
- Click the remove button next to the 1Password extension and remove it. (If a complete uninstall is needed, follow these instructions https://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/4zpylm)
- Restart Firefox
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)