How To: Update 1Password 3.9 for Mac (from Mac App Store)
Please note: this only updates 1Password if it has been installed through the Mac App Store. If you installed 1Password from the AgileBits website, it will not be listed in the App Store updates list. Please see our support article on updating 1Password versions installed from the AgileBits website.
Since we are always improving 1Password, you will want to be sure you are running the very latest version just in case there are updates which are required for compatibility with the specific browser version you are using, resolve an issue you are having, or add a new feature you have been waiting for.
If you have purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, you can update it just like you update all your other App Store apps. Easy peasy!
- Open the App Store.
- Click "Updates" in the toolbar.
- If an update is available, click on the “Update” button next to 1Password.
- Let the App Store download and install the update.
- Enjoy your 1Password update!
While you are at it, you might also consider updating 1Password's browser extensions. They are updated separately from the main application. If you have not disabled automatic updates for extensions in your browser, your browser should ensure you are already running the latest version. However, you can also update them manually.
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)