Mac App Store FAQ
Why do I have to pay for 3.9 when I own 3.8?
Fortunately, you don't. You're not required to purchase 1Password at the Mac App Store if you don't want to. 1Password 3.8 will continue to be available and updated for our current customers.
We would love to let you transition your license into the Mac App Store, but Apple currently does not allow developers to do this. That said, if you purchase 1Password from the App Store, it will include a free upgrade to version 4.
If I buy a bundle license, can I get a copy of 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store?
This is something we would love to offer, but the Mac App Store and iTunes App Store do not allow any kind of bundling options.
If I buy 1Password 3.8 from the Agile Store, can I still get a free copy of 1Password 4?
We have not yet announced our free upgrade terms for customers who purchase from the Agile Store. However, if you purchase from the Mac App Store, you will get a free upgrade to 1Password 4.
How do I get 1Password 3.9 at Mac App Store on Snow Leopard?
Unfortunately, Mac App Store rules do not allow this. 1Password in the Mac App Store is Lion only, and the store will not permit you to purchase software on a Mac that does not meet the software's system requirements. Please upgrade to Lion and then the Mac App Store will allow you to purchase 1Password.
How do I upgrade from my existing 1Password to the Mac App Store version?
Please see this article on how to have a smooth upgrade process and make it so you only keep the Mac App Store version of the app on your Mac.
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)