A Login used to work, now it doesn't
Re-saving a Login can be useful for Logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. Please try [re]saving the Login like this:
- Open 1Password and find the Login item in question
- Copy that Login's password to your clipboard, then delete the Login (don't worry, it goes into 1Password's trash just in case)
- Visit the Login's site, enter your username, paste your password, and login like normal
- 1Password should prompt you to save a new Login—do it, then log out and try to log back in with the new Login you created
If you are still having trouble, please take a look at the “Website Login Issues” section of this user guide.
If the site doesn't log you in afterward, please try turning off AutoSubmit. Open the main 1Password application and edit the login to change the Submit value from "If AutoSubmit is ON" to "Never". This is required in some cases in which the website modifies the form before submitting it or is looking for a literal key press or mouse click before logging in. Turning off AutoSubmit for the individual Login will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to attempt it on your behalf.
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)