How To: Configure the RequestPolicy Firefox Extension
In its default configuration the RequestPolicy Firefox extension blocks communication between the 1Password Helper and extension.
To configure the RequestPolicy extension for use with 1Password, you will need to perform the following steps.
- Select Tools > Add-ons in the menu bar.
- Locate the RequestPolicy extension and click its Preferences button.
- Select the Whitelist preference pane.
- On the Origins tab, enter
127.0.0.1in the input field and click the Allow button.
- Then also enter
onepassword-at-agilebits-dot-comand click Allow to add it to the list as well.
- Restart Firefox.
The absence of the red error icon in the 1Password extension indicates that RequestPolicy is no longer blocking the connection between the 1Password Helper and extension.
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)