Why does 1Password want to save the same Login twice?
Some users find that 1Password occasionally offers to save a Login for a site even if they already have that Login saved. Most often, this is a result of the AutoFill feature being enabled in Safari, though the problem can appear in other browsers as well.
We have always recommended disabling your browser's AutoFill feature for user names and passwords — though you can still keep it enabled for your Address Book card and other forms if that option exists — because it makes things both less confusing ("I thought I already saved that!") and more secure (for more information on the security implications, try googling for "browser password manager security").
That said, we are still working to see if the two can coexist more peacefully in Safari and other browsers. Presently, if your browser's AutoFill is enabled and fills a Login before 1Password, you'll be prompted to save the Login in 1Password even if you have already done so.
Until we find a better solution, please disable your browser's password management features in order to resolve the issue and simplify your browser experience:
How to disable AutoFill in Safari
- In Safari, go to Safari > Preferences > AutoFill
- Uncheck User names and passwords
How to disable AutoFill in Firefox
- In Firefox, go to Firefox > Preferences > Security
- Uncheck Remember passwords for sites
How to disable AutoFill in Chrome
- In Chrome, go to Chrome > Preferences > Personal Stuff
- Disable saving passwords by clicking Never save passwords
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)