'Data Not Available' error
The "Data Not Available" error normally happens when the data from 1Password has not been synced to the Safari extension yet. To allow this to happen, please follow these steps:
- Quit Safari
- Open the 1Password app, unlock it, then wait 10-20 seconds
- Reopen Safari and, if need be, unlock the extension
You should be good to go.
Safari's Private Browsing feature can also cause these errors because of a bug that we are working with Apple to resolve. To fix the problem, please disable Private Browsing and reinstall the extension with these instructions:
- Uninstall the 1Password Safari extension: Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions, select the 1Password extension, and press the Uninstall button on the right
- Turn off Private Browsing: Go to the Safari app menu and uncheck Private Browsing
- Quit Safari:
- On Snow Leopard: choose Safari > Quit or press Command-Q
- On Lion: Hold the Option key and choose Safari > Quit and Close All Windows or press Command-Option-Q
- Update 1Password: in the 1Password app, go to 1Password > Check for Updates and if a new version is found, please update
- Reinstall the 1Password extension: go to 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and click the "Install Safari Extension" button. This should automatically launch Safari and you can now go back about your business.
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)