How To: Configure LaunchBar for use with 1Password
In the most recent nightly builds of LaunchBar 5.3, Objective Development added brand new support for selecting 1Password's Login items. This allows easy selection of Login items for Go & Fill support. See our blog post for a quick rundown on how to use it.
There are a couple of configuration issues that can pop up however.
By default, LaunchBar will use the first letter — in this
case a number — to open the calculator. If
is typed then it will automatically switch to the calculator mode.
There are two ways to get around this:
- Simply type
passwordto access your 1Password Logins.
- Turn off the "Switch to Calculator when typing a digit (0-9)" feature on the Calculator pane in LaunchBar's preferences.
The second potential conflict is that by default LaunchBar uses
a couple of the same keyboard shortcuts that 1Password uses. The
are used in the 1Password browser extension to fill a Login and
open the extension popup respectively. LaunchBar uses these same
shortcuts for two of its clipboard features.
There are three options for resolving this conflict:
- Change 1Password's keyboard shortcuts in 1Password's preferences.
- Disable the "Show clipboard history" and "Select from history" keyboard shortcuts on the Clipboard History pane in LaunchBar's preferences.
- Change those two keyboard shortcuts in LaunchBar.
- How To: Back up your 1Password data on the iOS devices before upgrading your iOS
- What to do if I lost my 1Password app or its data after upgrading my iOS devices?
- 1Password support for alternative browsers on iOS
- How do I sync my data between my iPhone and my iPad?
- Back up 1Password for iPhone and iPad using Windows
- View all
- How can I use the new two-factor authentication from Dropbox?
- Alternatives to Dropbox cloud syncing: iCloud, Google Drive, SkyDrive
- How To: Enable quick and automatic 1Password data sync with Dropbox
- How To: Sync your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi
- Can I share data between 1Password 3.9 (Lion) and 1Password 3.8 (Snow Leopard)
- View all (7 more)